Musician, writer, artist, gardener, Jane-of-all-trades.
I keep astonishingly busy with a wide variety of things and this blog may seem random in consequence. Expect Mass Effect fanfic (including the ongoing saga of pilot-lovin' Rhi Shepard), thoughts on disability, politics, and a liberal helping of goats. Especially baby goats.
if u ever get dysphoria from having to use gendered bathrooms just pretend ur a spy like “hehehe they all think I’m one of them”
Me: "Is it Thursday?"
Me: "Thanks. I got confused."
Housemate: "It's 10:30 at night, you're drinking wine and painting sheep. How ARE you enjoying adulthood, Shades?"
Me: "It's lovely. Don't forget the bit where I'm listening to a young adult novel!"
1. There are many times I have wanted to punch overdrive and its associated platforms in the face. 2. Eeee! Tamora Pierce was my first love. The Alanna books are read by Trini Alvorado/Meg from Little Women, no?
1. Oh, SUCH desire for punchings. If they could only get a non craptastic browse layout, that’d be a start…
2. Yes, they are! And IF I can get my durned phone to connect I’m now downloading book two, which I’m quite certain I’ve NEVER read!I mean, I was quite certain I’d never read book one, too, but I’m really extra more certain I’ve never read book two. :P
E’s mom gave me a Powell’s gift certificate for my birthday, and it was just enough to buy BOTH the cookbooks I’ve been checking out from the library regularly over the last several months (luckily one of ‘em was used).
I’m not normally that excited over cookbooks, but these are AWESOME.
I mean, one of the recipes is for “Fire Exploded Kidney Flowers.” I’d want to own that even if the things I’d tried from it hadn’t been delicious.
do you ever look at the men that the majority of tumblr finds insanely attractive and think meh (and in some cases are you guys ok)
Argh, the rules that libraries have to follow for digital content make me seethe. But I too love a good audio book - they help me commute without killing people, which is pretty impressive, really.
It really is!
Which is just another reason to get annoyed at stingy copyright holders (NOT the authors, this stuff is usually waaaay out of the author’s hands) and publishing houses. If they made them more readily available, they could be preventing ROAD MURDER!It would be a valuable public service!
tips to write college papers
- begin with “buckle your seatbelts, motherfuckers, because in eight short pages i am going to learn u a thing that i only learned myself about two hours ago, so sit down, shut up, and enjoy the experience of my 4-am-redbull-induced-self-hatred-fuelled-writing-extravaganza”
- erase when finished with the paper
BUT THIS ACTUALLY WORKS
MAKE SURE YOU ERASE IT THOUGH
When I was teaching I once got a paper that was — well, it was organized, but it had very little supporting evidence quoted, and was laced with profanity throughout. About ten minutes after I set it aside to speak to the student about later, I got a frantic email from them. They explained that they used that format to structure their paper and then wrote the rest of the paper based on this somewhat indecent framework. They’d printed out and turned in their rough draft by mistake, and had attached the real final draft to the email they sent.
I emailed them back saying I understood and would accept their final draft without issue, and once the email was sent I must have laughed for ten minutes straight.
When I was in highschool and had to write application essays for Honors classes I’d always write a spoof essay below the real one to help me get through it, and I was always a bit worried that I’d turn in the wrong one.
…now that I’m older, I suspect that a few of my teachers would’ve LOVED getting the wrong ones. The spoofs were funny! The actual apps… those were awful and boring.